There has been a lot of hype around the new Health & Safety at Work Act, but three things are certain:
- It will take effect on April 4th
- It absolutely does include vehicle fleets, whether the company fleet is 1 or 1000 it will need to comply
- Non-compliance will be risky and mistakes will be expensive
- The time to get your vehicles and driver resources fleet fit is NOW
Ensuring the vehicle mix is fit for purpose, road-worthy at all times and (preferably) 5-star ANCAP rated is a good start but is no longer sufficient. You must now have formal accident management procedures, resources and reporting – and response must be available whenever and wherever a driver may be on the road, potentially 24/7 nationwide. Few clients will have the in-house expertise and coverage required.
Crash Management can help, our traditional free offering is a good start and will ensure the vehicle is safe and sound. We’ve also been working with our largest fleet clients for over a year to develop driver focused resources that are tailored to suit and H&S compliant including:
- Use of Vehicle Policy & Procedures
- driver support programmes
- driver repatriation plans
- emergency and injury reporting protocols
- escalation plans
We’ve done the work, developed the capability and documentation, and now we can deliver for all customers for just a few dollars a month. If your staff member is stuck with an undriveable car after hours, or worse, is injured in a vehicle accident – who is standing by to respond per the company’s protocols at 2.00am? Crash Management is. Contact us now to learn more.